Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Triangle of Light

Triangle of Light Empty Triangle of Light

Post  Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 pm

I caught a presentation on one of the shopping channels (HSN, I believe) with makeup artist, Trish McEvoy. She was doing demonstrations of her "Triangle of Light" application and I decided to try this on myself.

It's basically an inverted triangle where you apply a highlighter (that isn't to shimmery), or lighter base/concealer. You "draw" the base from the inner corner to the outer corner of each eye, then the tip of the triangle would be even with the bottom of your nose. You tap-blend the chosen highlighter (or concealer/base). It provides a nice, subtle lift and roundness to the upper cheeks.

I've been doing this with my BB cream and really like the subtle effect. This past weekend I picked up the Lumi Highlighter pen in Ivory (Maybelline, I think) and have used that for a couple of days. I know that Boots and Touche Eclat are two other pen-type applicators which make for a very easy application.

You can view "the power of the triangle" application on youtube - just type in Trish McEvoy and look for the one where she's on HSN. Dang, that woman looks fantastic and she said that she was 60. Her neck area is flawless.
    Admin
    Admin

Triangle of Light Empty Re: Triangle of Light

Post  Admin Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Thankyou Jennifer.I love you

Post  Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks so much for posting this. Makup is something I would really like to be more knowlegeable about as of course it is the very quickest fix. Other than a bit of mascara on special occasions, I have used very little makeup in my life. The last few years (since I started ballroom dancing) I have been experimenting a bit but it is still a big deal for me to do foundation, shading the face with blusher or highlighting. Will look up that vid; it may inform my next makeup purchase. It would give that polished look on special occasions.

Course for day to day my goal is to be able to wear nothing at all, except for my permanent makeup which I actually need as I have almost no eyebrow at all on one side. It gets harder to look appropriate as one ages, sometimes the makeup actually ages an older face. The very worst are eyelids as makeup emphasizes every crease but I am hoping facial exercise will help smooth the upper eyelids somewhat.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:06 am

I had my brows permanently done about 20 years ago, they basically just filled in the brows and enhanced the shape.

I really think you'll like the triangle, Mis. It's subtle, yet provides a noticeable enhanced effect. So easy to do! I've not done it for the past two days since I did a light TCA peel, and I miss the effect. Ballroom dancing - how beautiful and what great exercise!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:57 am

What do you call a light TLC peel Jennifer? I've been thinking about doing one forever but have been mindful of the down time involved.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am

I did a 12.5% TCA from the Makeupartists Choice website, Joni I did this on Monday evening and left it on for about 10 minutes and only did one layer. There's no downtime with this lower strength TCA, but there is a little visible surface dryness and the skin can be slightly pink.

If I want it to be more of a deeper peel, then I'll do 1-2 more layers, but sometimes I just want a surface peel so one layer is fine. The strongest TCA I've used is 18% and I looked really dry & crinkly for 5-6 days. I will only do that a few times a year.

You may want to start off with an 8% TCA and it can always be layered if you feel you want a deeper/stronger peel.

One lesson I learned the hard way.....NEVER use a facial depilatory until after the skin has completely peeled. affraid Son of a gun, that stung like crazy. I have peach fuzz that I despise so I use a depilatory twice a month. Timing is everything. scratch

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks Jennifer,that's good advice to try a lower percentage first,I'm so sensitive even to retin A cream.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I recently caught Trish McEvoy on HSN and watched her triangle of light demonstration and ordered her instant eye lift as it's the brightening concealer product she uses....total with shipping $40.85...YIKES!

After reading the QVC Beauty Board and the recommendations by several ladies on the Maybelline Instant Rewind concealer, I picked it up this evening in the Brightening shade and did the triangle application.  I patted it over my mineral foundation.  Wow!!  This little cosmetic is just perfect....it's beautiful and subtle, but a definite brightening.

I called HSN to cancel the order but it was too late, but at least the rep waived the return fee, so that package will be going right back.  Geez I saved myself $33.00.

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Concealer/Instant-Age-Rewind-Eraser-Dark-Circles-Concealer-Treatment.aspx#shadedetails

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm