Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

4 posters

Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc...

joy2532
    joy2532

Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc... Empty Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc...

Post  joy2532 Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:39 am

djwar777 (Nov 11) has been using bimataprost for a year. and made her eyelashes thicker and longer. She has been noticing , however, that they seem to be reverting to their old stubby selves... and asks if the use of this product might be cyclical
    Admin hasn't used it ,but believes it might not be related to the product, it could just be the natural fall and replenishment of your own lashes

Eyelash and Hair Growth
    Although it may not seem like it, hair growth is a preset function of the body. Every hair on your body follows a specific growth cycle and will grow to a specific length. Hair follows a three-phase growth cycle and eventually falls out, which is typically nothing to worry about. In fact, body hair, including eyelashes, completely replaces itself every few years
    Anagen (Growth) Phase
    Also called the growth phase. This is the phase when lashes are actively growing, and it lasts between 30 and 45 days. Only about 40 percent of the upper lashes and 15 percent of the lower lashes are in the anagen phase at any one time. Each lash will grow to a specific length and then stop.
    Catagen (Transition) Phase
    Also known as the transition phase. During this phase, the lash stops growing and the hair follicle shrinks. If an eyelash falls out or is plucked out during this phase, it won't grow back right away because the follicle needs to complete the catagen phase before it can move on to the next one. This phase lasts between two and three weeks.
    Telogen (Resting) Phase
    Also referred to as the resting phase. This phase can last more than 100 days before the eyelash falls out and a new one begins to grow. Because each individual lash is in its own phase of the growing cycle, it's normal for a few lashes to fall out most days. It typically takes between four and eight weeks to fully replace an eyelash.

mismis agrees with Jen. Her understanding is that these drugs just increase the growing phase, resulting in longer lashes and believes it is too bad all Jen's are on the same schedule. In fact, hers also drop off, but never to the "stubby" point. She advises her to be patient and keep applying product. She also suggests it might be due to stress, to which djwar777 agrees.
    Char_ has been on and off Careprost for about 2 years. She has also noticed what Jen describes. You get the first 6 months of great lashes, then the effect seems to slightly revert no matter how much of the product you use. She tried the tricks that people recommended: using less product and/or applying it less often etc. However nothing made a difference, but she still had the purple eyelid. She gave herself a break from Careprost for 6 months (and a month later she was back to her "normal" lashes. She took the break because it seemed it was no longer worth it, since her lashes were no longer fantastic, only slightly better than normal - yet the purple skin remained. She started up again that year and so far she has about 6 months of use and she can see the same effect again; longer lashes for a while, and then it's like there is a plateau (very common) and it slightly reverts back to the point where your lashes are "good-but-no-longer-spectacular"
    Admin thinks it might be a good idea to stop using it periodically to get the maximum benefit, maybe using it in spring, so they're looking good in the summer and you could take a break in the winter
    Char_believes bimatoprost extends the active growth window, and that's why the hair gets longer (because each hair has a longer opportunity to grow, time wise, before it falls out). She believes that even the so-so bimatoprost lashes are better than your natural lashes. If it wasn't for the red eyelid skin she gets, she would keep on going with the product

Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc... Empty Re: Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc...

Post  Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:55 pm

I love my Careprost....luckily I've not had a decrease in results and have been using it for years. I have to be careful with applying mascara so I don't go into the drag queen look, which is not exactly the visual I'm going for.
    djwar777
    djwar777

Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc... Empty Re: Careprost, bimatoprost, lattise, etc...

Post  djwar777 Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 am

Mine were probably going through a cycle..they are back.I continued to use it and am in a "long" cycle again. Thankfully, I do not get the redness that the fairer girls seem to get with prolonged use.
    Jen

Post  Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Guys..it's me, Caribbean Girl! I found you thanks to Joni and good old SD!

I have used Careprost for about 3 years. No side effects as far as purple line or any discoloration on my eyelid. No negative eyesight side effects.

As far as lash growth, I do notice a little 'cycle' as far as my lashes are ULTRA MEGA thick and then for a month just MEGA thick. Then back to ULTRA MEGA Smile

I have been extremely happy with Careprost and the results.
    joy2532
    joy2532

Post  joy2532 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 am

I started using
    Careprost on 14th March & I must confess I am delighted. I had almmost no lashes before starting to use it, so sparse, weak and short. Now the change is very noticeable!!. I'll post some before-after pics in a week or so, to give it a bit more time. No side-effects either, luckily. All in all, extremely happy about it!!!Very Happy

catcat Rocio
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 am

Are you using a small brush to coat the rim of the lashes with Careprost Joy?
    joy2532
    joy2532

Post  joy2532 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Yes!!, that's just what I'm using. I'm coating also the lower lid (results noticeable there too!), though I'm not using the brush they send along with the Careprost (I hadn't asked for it, though they sent it along with my order at no charge Cool). I've transferred some of the Careprost (less than a bottle) into a little recipient (former a little sample of lipgloss, with a small brush incorporated) and this way I don't miss a drop☀. I used a small funnel to help me with the process. It was almost an impossible task to clean that little recipient of the sticky lip gloss, but with all my patience, make-up remover and a lot od cotton buds I managed to leave it spick and span and ready for use!!. It is also very convenient for taking it with you when on holidays or spending a night out. I hope the 4 bottles I bought from ADC last me for a few months (4 or 5) if I consider the amount I'm using & that I'm not missing a single drop of the product!!! (it seems I can't host an image here right now, so I'll upload a couple of them here, so you can get an idea of the recipient) http://www.flickr.com/photos/93845864@N07/?saved=1
    Love,I love youI love you
    catcat Rocio
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks Rocio,
    an ingenious idea....clever girl! I'm going to start using it this week for the first time,even though I've had it in stock forever. I wonder if there's a cat anywhere in the world who is so loved,the cat got the cream having found you Rocio as it's owner for sure.You'll be using it on the cats whiskers next!
    Joni
    joy2532
    joy2532

Post  joy2532 Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh Joni, I really had a laugh in this spring sunny morning!!. Very Happy Thank you for your so very kind, thoughful words!!. Like many ladies here in the forum, I love my pets & treat them like my own little (human) babies. Luckily, they have got used to the kisses & hugs, baths, hair blowing & bruhing... The cat in the picture isn't Colasito, but Leon, his elder brother (14 years old). It is very easy to confuse them, as he was soaking wet.
    I wish you with all my heart you get very successful results with your Careprost. I'm sure you will. It is going really well for me, no side effects. I'm afraid I've found another beauty addiction!!. Please, keep us posted to see how you're doing!! Best of luck!!
    Love I love you
    catcat Rocio

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am

It is a good idea! I found a different solution. If you look on the top of the cap there is a small dimple right at the tip that holds one drop. It's just enough for me for both eyes. I use a very fine eyeliner brush kept exclusively for the purpose.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 am

I love your idea of using that other little bottle for the Careprost, Rocio! That really is brilliant and makes the process a bit easier. That stuff really is addicting isn't it? After another month or so, you'll be able to go on the maintenance application schedule, so the bottle will last you a longer period of time.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

mismis wrote:It is a good idea! I found a different solution. If you look on the top of the cap there is a small dimple right at the tip that holds one drop. It's just enough for me for both eyes. I use a very fine eyeliner brush kept exclusively for the purpose.

I like your idea, also Mis. I just squeeze a drop in my palm and with an eyeliner brush that I bought exclusively for the Careprost, I apply to my lashes and left over on the brows. I need to remember to run it across my lower lashes as you ladies are doing. I'm going to try your method this evening, Mis.
    Char

Post  Char Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 am

When I first started using Careprost, I went to my local Arts & Craft store and bought the tiniest little paint brush I could find. It literally had only, like, 3 hairs in it! I believe I paid all of 79 cents!

I know professional make-up artists buy their fancy make-up brushes at the Arts & Craft stores, as they are always better quality yet much, much less expensive than the brushes the make-up stores sell.

Anyway, I used that brush in the beginning and it worked very well. But after about a year I got lazy and these days I just turn the bottle up side down and draw a wet line, barely touching, directly onto my lashes (without squeezing). That works well, too. And it saves you a lot of product since you don't have to transfer the liquid to a third receptacle before applying it to your lids.

I did my lower lashes too, in the beginning, but stopped promptly when I noticed hair had started growing on top of my cheeks, about half an inch away from where I had applied the solution! Shocked I was horrified! I immediately tweezed these bizarre hairs out and never applied the liquid to my lower lashes again. (They don't recommend applying to lower lashes on the Latisse website anyway - probably for this very reason - and I read about others having the same issue when applying to lower lashes). Although it probably doesn't happen to everybody, just be prepared for this, ladies - and keep an eye in your magnifying mirror for little hairs on top of your cheeks!

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:28 am

Great idea Rocio!

I do the craft brush method, simply letting the tiniest drop out into it.
    I use one drop for both eyes, alternating which eye I do first, every other night. That way I figure if the first eye gets a tad more it'll balance out next night.
    I recalled, Char, your words about hairy cheeks Smile when I began application and never applied to lower lashes. But I do get the crazy, inner corner lashes sticking out, I snip them with my tiny sharp scissors..likely no one but me would notice but...y'know flower

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:00 am

I do run whatever is left on the brush under my lower lashes...sprinting to the sunlight with magnifying mirror immediately to see if I have "Char" cheek hair Shocked!
    Char

Post  Char Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 am

Oli76 wrote:I do get the crazy, inner corner lashes sticking out, I snip them with my tiny sharp scissors..likely no one but me would notice but...y'know flower

Oh, Oli! I forgot to mention that I also get those crazy inner corner eyelashes that basically sit almost inside the rim of the inner eye! I tweeze them out (which hurts like hell), but if I leave them in place they really irritate my eyes. To me, it is a way of knowing that the product is working well still, even though I no longer get the va-va-voom lash growth I used to get during the first 6 months.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:05 am

Joni,

Did you order the Careprost?  If so, how are you liking it?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 am

I already had a tube of Careprost though I was a coward to use it following the side effects I'd read about but finally took the plunge following all your rave reviews and after 3 weeks,I can see a super improvement and I'm sooo converted,when you consider what the average guy is paying for named products on the market,we are majorly lucky to be in the know!

I tried to order via ADC again but it is such a nuisance now to order.I was going backwards and forwards with the liason chat guy online who insisted that they didn't take card payments,then eventually, after a serious debate with me arguing my corner,story of my life,they found the solution but you go through a laborious filling out of stuff,only to discover that it goes to your direct bank account...which I felt obliged to open! My bank took 5 days to send me the details so finally I'm ready to go.........except now I've spent all my money on fillers this month...........sigh!

Ah well,there's always next month and the lottery....if only Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 am

Joni, one option that I've used 5-6 times when ordering my Careprost is a group order, with Jennifer Williams   She resides in Arizona and places group orders at the end of every month and she takes paypal.   If I order 6 items or less, the shipping is about $12.00.  I think she will also ship overseas.   If you google 'Butterfly Kisses Blog and Careprost" you should see her blog and there is a link for group orders.
    Char

Post  Char Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 am

Wow, Jennifer - this is good to know!

Joni, did you get any redness from your Careprost? I'm guessing you have the typical "English Rose" skin......

Edited to add; I just took a look at that blog. She is basically, and OPENLY, side-importing prescription meds (Careprost) from India and re-distributing to others, for profit, without a medical license I'm guessing, over state borders, on the US market - as far as I know that alone is a federal crime. AND she is doing it internationally too.

She is taking a huge risk with the authorities and just asking for trouble. 

Not to mention with Allergan, who holds the Bimatoprost patent in the US.

The naiveté!

pale

I wouldn't want the D.A to find my name and address in her customer list on her computer when she goes down.

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:38 am

Actually I'm much more concerned when I place my filler and tox orders and pray they make it through Customs.  Ordering Careprost via the blog really hasn't bothered me.  Many years ago, ADC used to sell Lumigan for about $20/bottle and I had been using that for about a year, then they received a Cease & Desist order from Allergan.  Thankfully they found Careprost and I found that it works just as well as Lumigan (which is the same thing as Latisse and also manufactured by Allergan).

For those who prefer another source.....google Lifetime Lashes.  They are out of Southern California and accept credit card and I believe paypal, but you need to contact them first.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:03 am

Yes,English Rose skin Char,though probably even fairer as both my parents were Irish,so far,so good,I haven't noticed any reddening.

Thanks for the links Jennifer,a great help.
    Char

Post  Char Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:45 am

I'm assuming ADC, like all (legit) on-line pharmacies, has a pharmacy license, which lets them get away with the side importing and distribution of meds.

I'm not too worried about my own tox+filler shipments;  first of all I never use my own name, so it's not going to be quick and easy to prove that they were indeed ordered by me. And second, I only order for personal use which might render you a slap on the wrist and they might seize your stuff in Customs.

But my guess is that the authorities want to nail all those for-profit re-sellers that operate under a phony medical license (or none at all), such as Laurie's.  It's the distribution to others that make the authorities see red, not some wrinkly middle age housewife who just want to look a little younger! Too small a fish to fry.

And of course, Allergan etc. are happily in bed with the authorities - as they don't want the competition!

(of course, in the end they usually get the sellers on the tax evasion, not the actual importing of illegal substances in itself! I remember that guy who sold (useless) impotence pills and made a fortune. But they threw him in jail for tax evasion, because the IRS acts much quicker than the US Food & Drug Administration!)

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:31 pm

I order in mass quantity from ADC, so I haven't had a need to order in awhile. Joni- did they give a reason why they no longer accept credit cards?  I know a couple other sites that I used to order other pharmaceutical items from no longer accept credit cards either.

I wonder if the credit card companies cracked down on accepting payments for items they deem 'iffy'?

It was so much easier when we could simply hit 'send' and pay for our goodies!

Meanwhile, I hope you are still liking your Careprost.  I still love it and love my longer, fuller lashes.  I sure go through a lot of mascara though!

CG

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:59 pm