Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

PEELS

Admin
    Admin

PEELS Empty PEELS

Post  Admin Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:24 am

PEELS Empty Re: PEELS

Post  Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:27 am

GREAT idea of having a peels category!!  I'm going to be doing a mandelic peel this evening so my skin looks fresh this weekend. I just bought the new stronger strength salicylic acid peel from Makeupartists Choice and boy, that stuff is strong.  It stung going on, but not alot of peeling....it's great for getting in and cleaning out the pores.

Post  Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am

Not sure if I posted it anywhere else or not. I am doing Kojic/AHA acid peels. Two done, six more to go (every two weeks as they recommend) . This 70% peel is to help hyperpigmenation and stimulate collagen production. No peeling, just slight stinging after the application. I keep it on for half an hour. I will report if I had any results with this one. I will be able to keep this one up since I don't have to go into hiding for one week after. Almost no peeling, just slight dryness of the skin today (I did the peel on Friday evening). Last time my skin looked and felt the same. I am curious if I see any results with pigment or texture of the skin.

Post  Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Carmen you have the Tria don't you? Did that not do enough for your pigmentation and texture?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Nope. Tria caused more pigment . Sad
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Any luck with Kojic peel on the pigmentation Carmen?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Carmen. I have heard the odd person say it's increased thier melasma. You should sell it and make most of your money back. I'm sure there will be a few people on EDS who may be interested. 

Good luck with the peels.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:55 am

I know! I should sell it or try using it on other parts of my body. I may wait for summer to end before staring. I may try doing my thigh. I have six more peels to do. They recommend eight all together . I hope to see some results. I never tried Kojic and AHa for pigmentation. But of course melasma is a complete different ball game. It's not just any pigmentation. It is hormonal and extremely difficult to get rid off. Some say impossible but I never ever lost hope that I will get rid of it one day Smile

Post  Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 am

I read somewhere that you can tell where the melasma originates by its colour. The lighter ones not so deep, the darker ones from deep dermis and very difficult to eradicate. You have such good makeup technique, though, that I have never noticed any imperfection.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Carmen you may be interested in following Bethany'sPEELS Folder SkinMedica Lytera
    thread on EDS. She has hormonal melasma and is giving this product a 6 month trial.

Post  Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:14 pm