Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

New Before & Afters ReAura

New Before & Afters ReAura Empty New Before & Afters ReAura

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plainpotter/sets/72157632626054878/

In the face stream I added a before ANYTHING pic - I think I have forgotten what life was like before DIY! I also added a better picture of my actinic keratosis so you can acurately judge the degree of correction. The second round did produce results, but not as dramatic as the first. There are fewer pigmented lesions, particularly around the sides of my face near the hairline. The texture continues to improve (this doesn't show especially well). The chest area is now pretty well free of freckles and while the texture is a lot better, I am hoping that will also improve with more treatments. There is a slight diminishment of horizontal neck lines.

The improvement to the arms was very dramatic as this was the first round of treatment. It seems that the areas with the most damage show the most improvement. What doesn't show in photos is the textural improvement. That skin was quite leathery to the touch and wouldn't even crinkle when grabbed, just big leathery folds. That has improved immensely. I really feel that the ReAura has improved the health of my skin when I see the damage recede.

'Nuff said.

If you click on the small pics, they will enlarge on the left.

New Before & Afters ReAura Empty Re: New Before & Afters ReAura

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 am

You are SOOO pretty! Great documentation. It's so gratifying to view the results over the course of treatment, isn't it?

Are you doing any peels or topicals like Retin A or the ReAura only? Your jawline is so firm and taut! What is your secret??

New Before & Afters ReAura Empty Secret

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 am

Not a secret - ReAura. Actually, you can't use most topicals within 6 weeks of using ReAura and I did wonder about that but on the whole, I think that the laser gives me many of the same benefits more immediately than topicals.

When in a course of treatment, skin does get very dry and flakey, and I use moisturizer then, but not Retin A. Sometimes I do sneak in Vit C serum with ferrulic, but I don't think I'm supposed to.

And thank you for you compliment!

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

OMG Megan those results are fabulous!!! Especially the arms. You must be thrilled Very Happy
    I have my ReAura in my hot little hands but just waiting on the creams. I ended up deciding to begin with the Philips gel, needed the aftercare cream anyway.
    A couple of questions for you if you don't mind.
    What kind of effect would you say it has on fine lines?
    Did you or will you be doing your upper arms. They only suggest the forearms for some reason.
    Did you do your arms with the Philips gel or the gel from the surgical supply store? Have you noticed any difference between the two?
    Are you using Philips aftercare? How long does this cream last you?
    Are those actinic keratosis you are referring to the freckly bits on the side of your face? Were they raised? And as an after thought I wonder then how the ReAura would affect seborrheic keratosis, which I get on my legs??? Worth a shot next time I see some more raise their ugly heads.
    As I bought mine through someone on EDS the language in the directions I think are in Dutch. However the CD could be seen in English also, so thank goodness for that.

New Before & Afters ReAura Empty new before and afters

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 pm

I am only in my third week of reaura so have not seen any results so far -also have done only one session on hands but it is v.easy to use and well designed.I am also going to start on the front of my thighs.I don't have much sun damage so I am hoping to target beginnings of crepey skin,fine lines,refinement of texture and tightening-we shall see! But mis your results are spectacular!Are you expecting further improvements if you continue treating indefinately or do you wait for time to take its toll and begin again.I find hands a little difficult to treat as they are so thinskined and boney so hard to keep skin contact with laser.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 pm

That result is quite dramatic,your investment and persistence are paying off Mis,not to mention that auburn hair with those green eyes.....wow factor. Cool

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 am

Jennifer, after some thought, I realized that at least in part I must credit the jawline to the face & neck lift I had 14 years ago - it was well worth it, but for sure ReAura has polished things up again. Also, I have been doing some of carolyn's facial fitness routine and all of Tom Haggerty's program which may help with the muscle tone in the lower face, especially Tom's which is BTW, free.

Michelle, I recently came across an almost gone tube of the ReAura gel and did a bit for comparison - actually the ReAura gel is better as it doesn't dry out as you use it. I am now cautiously experimenting with glycerin which does work, but I am not doing a full to the bell treatment with it right away in case I burn myself inadvertantly. For my Pose, the generic gel is great, though.

I don't know if the ReAura will tighten loose skin on arms and thighs, but it might gradually stimulate collagen growth over time. However, I guess we will know that as both Maggie and Michelle are experimenting with it. Take photos, guys! I am hoping for a similar effect under my chin, maybe there will be some improvement soon as I am this week starting round three. Certainly the texture on my arms has improved a lot.

Don't know why they only recommend treating the upper side of the forearms. Perhaps the skin elsewhere is not tough enough- all the other areas are exposed and so somewhat more durable. I know that with peels for instance it can take arms a lot longer to heal than the face. I think a cautious experiment is in order, but only when "main concerns" have been adressed! I have started to notice the underside of my forearms now looks old and crepey compared to the side I have been treating.

Those actinic keratosis were not only raised, but crusty and weepy - my doc had sent me to the dermatologist as there was significant cell disorganization. I received my laser in the interim before the appointment & by the time I got there he couldn't see anything worth treating on my face.

I probably will not buy that very expensive aftercare cream again - it is wonderful, though and mine lasted about 1 1/2 treatments using it only right after treatments. I sometimes use Dr. Pickert's restore and protect copper peptide cream which is not as "nice" but keeps the uglies down and soothes. It also is said to encourage collagen formation so I figured with all those micro wounds it would penetrate really well after treatment. However, I may return to the gel if I cannot find an alternative which performs as well. Those products are sooo expensive and so is the shipping! I'll continue to experiment, maybe the answer is gel combined with glycerin, but I am so cautious about burning myself that it may take a while. I'll keep you informed. The generic gel works quite well on the straight stretches - arms, forehead, chest, less well on the curvey bits like cheeks, neck. I have used it everywhere, but finding the bit of ReAura gel was a wakeup call. It definitely is easier to use.

Michelle, you asked about fine lines. To be truthful, what with filler, botox and skin products, it would be hard to say if it is an effect of the laser or not. But it does make sense that with increased collagen under the skin, there would be a diminishment of fine lines. I hope everyone took before pictures; I am really curious to see if you get the effect I did - I looks like a small amount of fat has been poured under the skin, plumping it out.

Maggie, try moving your hand rather than the laser, especially on the across passes. I also divide the hand in half as there is a very prominent tendon right down the middle that always interrupts a smooth pass. hands respond really well!

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 am

I so appreciate your information, Megan. I've been doing Carolyn's program now for about 2 1/2 years and really love it. (I don't do the brow area though since I keep that botox'd). I contacted Carolyn a few months ago after reading a testimonial about the new lower face exercises that she was having a few people test. They are fabulous!

I had a lower bleph two weeks ago and the plastic surgeon was very complimentary about the tone and texture of my skin. I mentioned the facial exercises (& peels & bio-identical hormones & microcurrent Smile), expecting him to not be very positive about that approach, but he shocked me and said that whatever I'm doing to keep doing it and I probably won't be seeing him again.

I have some slight freckling on my left arm, I'm going to do a few TCA peels there and if those don't take care of it, I'm going to look at the ReAura. You really should be their spokesmodel! There would be a stampede for their product.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 am

Oh Mis, you are beautiful! Yes, you should send your pics to ReAura. They must use you in their ad campaign ! Well it looks like I am going to have to start using this IPL I bought! I only hope I get the results you have gotten. I will definitely take before pics. It's nice to have proof of any results. I wish they would sell the ReAura in the US, darn it!

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

You can get the Tria in the States which is basically the same laser.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Julia you can pick them up cheaper, but still brand new, on ebay. I don't know about a warranty with it though.

Megan thanks for the info. I have my gel and cream now so I'm ready to go. I'll take some pics in the morning. I'm going to start on my forearms and hands. How many zones do they consider those areas? I'm sure it'd be in the instruction manual but mine's not in English. I'm going to do the underside of the arms too so I'll let you know how that goes.

I too have Pickarts copper peptides so that's something to consider after I've run out of aftercare cream. It's rediculously expensive.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Mis I see you've asked for a place to purchase the gel on EDS. Try Zed at [email=qualitygoodsonline@gmaildotcom]

Replace dot with .

He's who I purchased my gel and aftercare cream through. Got his info from Bethany. He sold her her ReAura but he sold out before I could purchase through him.

Joni is it ok to put whole email addys in here?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Sorry Michelle,I've edited the addy,can't take any chances with links.I know how frustrating this is but we have to watch those search engines picking us up.

It would be easier for anyone posting a link, to simply replace the first . with dot,then we won't have to keep addding what to do to obtain the correct link.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks Joni, I should've thought to use dot.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:02 am

I thought the Tria was for hair removal? The Tria is less expensive so I am assuming that the ReAura is better or more powerful? What about the PaloVita?

I know that IPL and laser are different, but it seems they use them for about the same procedures. I bought this IPL for hair removal and freckles and chose it over a diode laser because it covered more territory quicker. I was told that the laser was better for hair but the IPL was a better choice for general skin rejuvenation . It was a late night impulsive Ebay bid!

Well, it's mine now and I may as well give it a go. I can always buy a laser too.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:35 am

There is a tria fractional laser-called something like tria beauty.There is a lot of info about it on EDS.Reaura is also a fractional laser and they are both about the same strength but tria is less expensive but must be done everyday tho it doesn't need conductive gel.People who have the tria seem pleased with it.Michelle I am using an Avene cream for post laser called cicafate-much cheaper than Philips aftercare cream!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 am

Thanks Maggie, I doubt I'll want to spend that kind of money again on the cream.
    Julia the big reason I wanted the ReAura over the Tria is the fact that you have to use the Tria every day for 8 weeks, but the ReAura only twice a week for 8 weeks. I know I'd never stick with daily treatments and don't want that much of a commitment. I tried to commit with my lightstim but couldn't stick with the daily treattments.
    Bec is using the Tria and does love it, but she didn't get the improvement in pigment on her chest that she was hoping for with it. I know her chest has been her bane for a loong time now.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 am

Do you have to wear protective eyewear when using the Tria or ReAura? I have to use these special sunglasses and I cannot do my nose because it could destroy nasal passages! So much for those big pores on the honker!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am

Julia, you may find that the device you bought fills all of your needs! Certainly I would give it a go. I have hair removal envy . . . maybe I should get one!

You do not need special glasses or eye shields when using reaura. I think everyone who has used one would agree it would be pretty hard to hurt yourself, it is really well engineered that way. You have to be MOVING at THE RIGHT SPEED with TWO POINTS OF CONTACT at all times. If you are too slow (which could cause a burn) it stops firing. Too fast (inefficient) it stops firing. You can't get too near the eye or fire into the eye because of the points of contact thing. There is quite a good video called glamplusforty where she shows a treatment. The only place I cannot get extremely well is the bridge of my nose, but I can live with that.

BTW, thanks for all the compliments, guys. Shucks!

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 am

Mis you look amazing! I am 45 and my skin is not as smooth. Your decolletage is beautiful.

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

maggie67 wrote:There is a tria fractional laser-called something like tria beauty.There is a lot of info about it on EDS.Reaura is also a fractional laser and they are both about the same strength but tria is less expensive but must be done everyday tho it doesn't need conductive gel.People who have the tria seem pleased with it.Michelle I am using an Avene cream for post laser called cicafate-much cheaper than Philips aftercare cream!

Maggie, how's this cicalfate working for soothing after the laser?
    I'm in the process of purchasing ReAura and researching alternatives to the expensive gel and after care items. Will try the ultrasound gel, tho.
    Oli

New Before & Afters ReAura Empty new before and afters Reaura

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

I have started using glycerin for the laser gel...thanks for that tip megan!....and find any cream fine after the laser..am now using bepothan from the pharmacy with cica...whatever!

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Good to know, Maggie, thanks.

Post  Guest Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 am

Cicalfate is very nice for after treatment. Thank you for the tip Maggie. And not expensive. I have started treating my stomach and boobs with ReAura and that is a large surface to cover with aftercare. But sometimes I just smother aloe gel on or whatever I have on hand or nothing at all if I don't mind a bit of redness next day. In the morning I moisturize like usual. I just wish the head of the ReAura was bigger and it did not have this 24hr lock.

Post  Guest Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 am

Amen to that Zucker - one has to plan the week VERY carefully! I am currently doing inner thighs and tummy in conjunction with derma pen, as well as the face neck décolletage and arms. Combine that with the 24 hour lock and social events and which parts will be exposed - is there an app for that?

m

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:18 am