Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup

Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup  Empty Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup

Post  Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I apologize,I split the topic incorrectly but felt that it required a new topic for quick reference in the Makeup section. Joni

CaribbeanGirl wrote:

Joni- I have only been with Clarins since January. However, after working for Lancome for 13+ years, I see the difference of Clarins in my skin. Even more impressive, is others (especially my long time customers that see me in retailers now) notice the difference in my skin right away. I would say that Clarin's new Double Serum has made the biggest impact. I am finally hydrated!!!!!! The serum is so good the 'Today Show' in the US featured it- without Clarins even knowing it! My second most favorite product is Super Restorative Total Eye. We call it the '5 Second Eye Lift' and customers can see the difference upon application! Total eye contains a plant harvested in China called pueraria lobata or 'forever young'. This plant grows a foot a day!!!! The same cellular regeneration that happens in the plant takes place in our skin.

CG I hope to be active and fit as time marches on and I love having role models!
    I do recall your avatar, with your hair back looking very youthful and fresh Smile

Liking the Clairins review..Lancôme, I find, is so nice, overall...now to try some Clairins!...maybe next year, it is only April and I've pretty near exhausted my cosmetics budget on the lancome purchases as of late!

I like Lancomes Teint Idole ultra in 210 buff..matches my skin perfectly.
    Also Really like Lancome Effacernes waterproof undereye concealer in porcelaine I.
    Blush subtil in Shimmer Mandarin Sky is the peachy color I've been looking for.
    Oli

Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup  Empty Re: Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup

Post  Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks Oli! That picture was actually taken when I was teaching in Jamaica Smile

I can SO relate to all the great Lancome products you are using! Here are my professional comparisons so far:

Teint Idole is great long wearing foundation...the similar Clarins foundation would be Everlasting Foundation...it is 15 hour long lasting with natural clay. Plant based with minerals vs. chemicals. It is also a matte-full finish foundation like Teint Idole, but the best thing is it includes an anti-pollution protection formula (spf 15 UVA UVB plus anti free radicals and electromagnetic field protection).

Effacernes was my go to concealer too! Now I use Instant Light Brush On Protector. If you are using Porclaine, you will probably like color 00. The great thing about Instant Light is it is concealer with 'attitude' . It has oat sugars in it for instant smoothing and brightening in addition to concealing really well. In one of the retailers I work at, we are right across the aisle from Lancome. I know many of the girls there and they come over to sell our Instant Light Concealer, it is that good!

I love Lancome blush too! It never settles in lines/wrinkles, even though it is a powder. It rocks. There really is no need for cream blush. Media keeps telling women they need cream blush...no we don't! Just a good quality powder one!

Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup  Empty Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/Skincare

Post  Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Oooh, extra goodies in that Clarins, I will look into that, and thx for the color number to try! I am thinking the natural clay might help with oil absorption?

You are so right about the blush being creamy, I've never used one so non- powdery, yet color stays true..and my skin seems to suck up any color in a couple of hours!

cheers
    Admin
    Admin

Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup  Empty Re: Clarins/Lancome --- Cosmetics/SkincareMakeup

Post  Admin Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Nice new photo Oli,your skin looks great.

Thanks CG and Oli,it's interesting,I used to buy expensive skincare products and then wondered if the cost warranted the results but the products you mentioned makes me think that maybe I should stay open to new topical skin care possibilities.It's good also to get your reviews on cosmetics.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 pm

You are kind Joni, thank you Smile I do have make up on there.
    Doing a much-needed tca peel this weekend. I have on in the photo the aforementioned Lancôme cosmetics (teint idole, undereye concealer..always have that one on).
    And the lovely creamy blush, shimmer mandarin sky, is barely undetectable, perhaps a good thing!

I've always used that concealer, perfect color match, i like to,go out with only that on..when skins doing well..could never find such a seamless color match for my skintone..always too pink or yellow.
    I used to buy only those for expensive items, but now I have gotten hooked on the quality...insert Cg's comment on the L blush here.

Having said all that I adore the comparatively inexpensive bb cream for summer, pointed out to me by mis, and will certainly try elf also.
    I really like a mix of products. Good old Nivea and olive oil,are always on hand.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 am

I think you're right Oli,a mixture yields the best results because I believe,just as with tox we build a tolerance and it then becomes less effective subsequently,regardless of product.
    I've just bought some BB cream no13 ,am waiting for delivery and some LIT eyeshadow following Jennifer's recommendation,Oops! it was expensive though for the transit,I'm hoping for a good result when it arrives.Just my way of passing on a guilt trip to Jennifer. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 am

Joni!!

Which Lit colors did you buy?? Did you buy the liquid adhesive stuff too? I LOVE my Lit shadows! Be prepared for lots of compliments when wearing them out. I like to add a bit of glitz when we go out for dinner and I always get Lit Very Happy Without fail every (female) server compliments my eyes and ask what I'm wearing and many times ask me to write down the website and the shades I'm wearing.

Here are the Lit Shades I have: (all in the size 2 cut)

Beach Baby
    Tootsie
    Sugar & Spice
    Cow Girl
    Rich & Famous ( I think this is my favorite one)

Eye Kandy is another company that sells various glitters & I have a few of theirs but Lit is my favorite.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm

I just bought one to try it out, Tootsie and no, I didn't see the liquid adhesive,why, do you think that's imperative with the shadow?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am

The liquid "adhesive" will enable the glitter to adhere to your lid, otherwise you run the risk of having glitter fall-out on your face. I tap a bit of the liquid base on my lid and give it a few seconds, then I tap on the glitter with my finger and fan it for a few seconds to dry.

Is Hard Kandy Cosmetics (sold at Walmart) available where you live? Perhaps at Tesco? They make a liquid base for glitters, so you could use that if you can find it. Or try one of your eye shadow bases. A know a friend of mine uses the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and said that works really well.

Post  Guest Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 am

Joni,

Have you tried the Lit Tootsie shadow? This one looks really pretty as a liner. I use a slant brush and apply a dark brown shadow as liner on my upper lid. Then I dip my Lit brush in the liquid adhesive and dip it into the Tootsie glitter and apply that right over the dark shadow liner. With your eye color, this would be stunning!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat May 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Jennifer,
    sorry I didn't see this thread until now for some unaccountable reason.
    I received my lit eyeshadow and the girl very kindly sent me a sample of the adhesive but I'm not terribly impressed with the shade I chose Tootsie,size 2 cut.I have nicer shadows I think,I like MAC and it doesn't require adhesive,though I won't give up on it entirely,I'll try your suggestion though thanks and see what result that yields,on a day when I'm more patient.I already spend way too much time on my makeup tut! Smile
    No sadly we don't have a Walmart in the UK,pity it sounds like a great store.We don't even have an equivalent now since Woolworths went to the wall a few years back,Tesco is an alternative,though makeup isn't held in all their stores and is pretty minimalistic even then.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 pm