Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks)

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks)

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Mis. I will do just that. I have already bought it and I may as well give it a go. The only way you could burn yourself with this IPL is to zap over the same spot on the highest setting. (according to the manufacturer) Unless you have very dark skin. The whiter you are the better. I will definitely do a test spot on the highest setting to make sure it does not burn me.Did your IPL burn heal or did it leave a scar?

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks)

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 am

Thank God it did heal - I ended up in emergency care and they could not decide if it was a 2nd or 3rd degree burn! They just cleaned it, dressed it and gave me a tube of polysporin. As it was on my cheek I am so glad there is no scar - I guess it was not too big. But my whole face swelled alarmingly for 2 days and it was scarey. I think these burns are somewhat common as I visited my PS later in the week and although I was there for something else he asked "Is that an IPL burn?" When I said yes, he replied "It happens . . . "

I am sure you will be very careful, but test on an inconspicous spot, OK? I think I speak for just about everyone when I say I am jealous of your home laser hair removal. Now there's a ton of money down the drain!

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:56 am

Don't be jealous yet, Mis. I have not used it and do not even know if it will work. IPL is not as efficient at hair removal as a laser, just faster. I read on line that if you use carbon dye it will have a better and quicker result. (if you do not have really dark hairs) I have a mix :some light , some brown, some gray! The theory is you wax the area first, apply the carbon dye and let it sink into the empty hair follicle, wipe off the excess and zap away. The IPL reads the carbon in the follicle and destroys it. We shall see. The company rep said it will still take 4-8 treatments because of various growth stages. I am hopeful but cautious. So many gadgets and treatments do not live up to expectation. I am so glad that the ReAura was a good investment or you.

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Update on Radio Frequency Pose Device

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 am

Well if you haven't followed this, just know that I have reduced my treatment areas from just about everywhere to my thighs. Yep, just thighs. Each thigh takes about 3/4 hour as you heat each palm-sized area to 40 - 42 degrees C and then redo each area after it has cooled a bit. Treatment efficacy, according to Photoqueen depends on temperature reached and length of time at temperature.
    I have noticed that there is some improvement in the crepeyness of the skin (fewer wrinkles) so some skin tightening is occuring, but so slowly!!! Did I emphasize slowwwwlllllyyyy?
    Yesterday I visited a medispa to get some bad ink removed (permanent makeup) and the tech there gave me some good tips - she said that once the process begins, it goes faster. She also suggested that I layer laser treatment over RF to hasten skin tightening. She has done this herself. So having done my RF treatment before going to the spa, I returned home and layered it with laser.. Yeow!!!! Not a good thing to do on date night. Being re-enthused with RF, I then proceeded doing the same to my bat wings . . . er upper arms. This morning I definitely had a sort of nerve ache in that area, hope it is not too much.
    The tech also said that thighs are the hardest area to get a really good improvement, but with home machines and many repetitions the results could be good and MUCH more affordable tha spa treatments. She is looking to purchase a home laser so that she can have the benefits of frequent low power laser treatments as opposed to the professional treatments available to her at work.
    When I purchased this device (Tripollar pose) I was hoping it would produce the almost immediate dramatic improvement that the ReAura had given me. It has not, but perhaps in a year or two I will be very glad I started using the technology. There IS as reduction in crepy skin/wrinkles, just not as much as I would like for the effort expended.

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Update Tripollar Pose

Post  Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:29 am

I give this device an unequivocal rating of - MEH . . . .

As I explained in a previous post the treatments with this device are so time-consuming that I reduced my treatment area to just the inner thighs. I do not see any reduction in circumference or fat. There is a small - very small - improvement in texture. The dimpling effect of cellulite has been reduced perhaps by about 30%. The Tech at the med spa said that the thighs are the hardest area to effect change in with radio frequency, so perhaps I would have better success if I tried another area. Thing is, it is the thighs I really want to improve!

Would I buy this again, or recommend it? NO. Save your money for something else and just use the time to exercise - and it does take a LOT of time. I was faithful to the protocol of getting to red zone and reheating 3 times a week for 8 weeks, plus in the end I also layered with laser to help with the skin tightening; perhaps that was what reduced the dimpling.

I hope that this saves someone here some money. If like me, full of hope you purchase the machine, don't buy their expensive sticky conductive gel. Just use glycerin. At least you will end up with smooth skin!

Unfortunately I cannot promise you results any better than that.

your devoted experimental scientist, Guinea Pig

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Update Tua Viso Device

Post  Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

Long boring story - My Tuo arrived without any batteries (it is the rechargeable version). Was advised to purchase some so that I would be able to use my Tuo Viso in the interim while they sent this important component. Went through 2 batteries in 2 weeks, then bought the more expensive rechargeable as shipping was SLOW. My device began emitting a high pitched and alarming sound during use which could only be stopped by disconnecting the batteries. Tiresome. I called saying I had a defective device and they said please wait for OUR battery. Finally after about three weeks battery arrived, I go on holiday 4 days later and the machine simply stops working. Luckily I had some sheets of facial exercises tucked into my suitcase from my last trip.

I was very disappointed - because I think this device actually works. I have now resumed my facial exercises (Carloyn's Facial Fitness) and - this is so wonderful - a nice woman on EDS who I've swapped info and pics with offered me her Tuo for free as she now has a microcurrent machine. I am bowled over by her generous gesture and assume the Universe is just offering me an opportunity to pay it forward.Anyways, I will report back in a month or two after starting up again. But I was already seeing some evening out of facial asymmetry. I think some of the areas where I have augmented volume have much less muscle toning and that is evident when I exercise as there is noticeably less strength.Jen, you will be interested to know that while in Israel I met several older ladies who practiced facial exercise. It is very popular there. One lady showed me your fav eye exercise and said that her sister had required surgery for excess eyelid droopiness which affected her vision, but she had prevented it herself, and she was 70.

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty Tua Tr'end

Post  Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:39 am

My NEW old device arrived yesterday just as I was going out to dance training. It is a newer and more expensive version of the Tua Viso, and all I can say is MUCH improved design-wise. The contact points on this are gimbled so that it easily fits any contour. The programs for the different parts of the face are calibrated to the mass of the muscle in that area of the anatomy. It is small and light and very easy to hold in place. J. included several sets of the contact sponges, but I have been reading and note that some people are using them sans pad, just with a lower intensity. Being the frugal miss that I am (remember the glycerin) as soon as I comfortably get the hang of this newer model, I am going to try that. It seems to me that lower intensity means less drain on the batteries and that can only be good for the life of the batteries.

Very excited to begin again, this is definitely the lazy man's way of performing facial exercise.

mis

Post  Guest Thu May 09, 2013 6:59 pm

I know I'm late to the party Rolling Eyes but I just wanted to add my experience with the Pose!
    I purchased one about two years ago in hopes of getting rid of the cellulite on the backs of thighs and buttocks- even though I'm thin it's always been there and been stubborn!
    I used it for about six months with no results and the time it took was ridiculous- plus maneuvering it in those areas was hard on my back.
    I ended up giving it away to an older lady on Essential Day Spa I was so fed up with it!

I was so discouraged by this device that I haven't bought another device since- after reading these posts though I'm going to look into the ReAura.
    Thanks for sharing MisMis!

Guinea Pig squeaks (I mean speaks) - Page 2 Empty I LOVE MY TUA - 10 week results

Post  Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 am

I LOVE this device . . . and it WORKS.  But of course it will only work for you if the issue you have are the ones it addresses ie facial sagging and asymmetry.  What has it done for me?

- lifted up the slack side of my face (see pics)
    - reshaped my lips and corrected asymmetry there (see pics), also has filled out my lips (see pics last touch up 11 months ago)
    - bulked up the perioral area, especially that "bowtie" area that had become so gaunt.  Usually I fill this, and it doesn't last long, but I may not need to do that any more
    - shortened the distance between bottom of nose and top of lips to create a more classic proportion
    - put my cheeks back up, not all the way yet, but it was only 10 weeks.  Definitely on the way to where they should be.

I checked the FAQs, and it seems I cannot post a pic here, and I do not want to use host.  If you are curious I am more than happy to send before and after pics (just 2) to any interested party.  If you have been wondering if this type of device works, and how much, I offer my evidence.  

This device is as effective in its own way as the ReAura.

The only thing that is a little trying is the amount of time one needs to treat the face - for me at least an hour.  Now I do the whole gamut of exercises, as many as three in some zones, and I need to do it every day because of my age.  Younger faces apparently need fewer treatments.  One can for about $70 buy an extra wand and cut the time in half.  You can watch tv at the same time.  This is not a huge drawback in my case BECAUSE IT WORKS.  And so much cheaper than surgery.

If you would like to view the pictures, pm your email and I will send them out.

Guinea Pig (mis)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:00 am