Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Pico toner

Pico toner Empty Pico toner

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Mish-I think you got the pico toner and you have reaura.Can you give us any thoughts on the pico-it gets rave reviews on EDS-is this the lemming effect as described by Keilu or should we invest.I see Becs is also impressed.I love the reaura-now beginning 2nd round-but my neck is much improved from just one round but am willing to invest in Pico if you have seen improvements-Toby's photos were good but she was also using tria.

Pico toner Empty Re: Pico toner

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

Yes, please! I have been wondering about your experiences with this combination. Lusting after Pico, however it is so easy to want stuff just because one is reading about it. Michelle, have you been using it on the upper arms as well? This link was recently posted & might be interesting to those unfamiliar with microcurrent. Of course it is an ad for a treatment, but an easy intro and more technical info is available for the interested.

http://www.touchskinbodystudio.com/what-is-a-microcurrent-facial-treatment.html

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm

You guys are going to find me quite mad but I haven't done any treatments with the Pico on my face at all. The reason is that I am receiving Kenalog injections in my face every 6 weeks to try and bring down some lumpy areas around my jaw and I don't want the Pico effecting the face at all so I can see exactly how the Kenalog is working out.
    I've been using it on my upper arms and so far I can't report improvements as yet. Keep in mind that the arms are going to take alot longer than the face to see improvements and I've only used it 6 times so far. I don't want to do daily treatments as I've read that there should be some break days in there. I do know some are doing treatments daily though. I'm the patient type so I don't mind having break days.
    I'll let you know the second I see some improvements. I've completed my 8 week ReAura treatments on my face, neck, chest and forearms and am about to start on the upper arms with the ReAura. I'll do the Pico and ReAura on different days.
    I'm glad you're loving the ReAura Maggie, I do too. You can't actually see any real difference in my before and after pics as I didn't have much pigment, but my skin in real life just looks silky. Getting compliments from friends I haven't seen in awhile Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

Michelle, do you think it is that inexplicable and subtle plumping (the thing I THINK is collagen) that your friends are noticing? The worst sun damage is that which is not visible as pigment, but the damage to the deeper dermal layers which have destroyed collagen. Glad you are happy with the results. Will be posting soon on Derma Pen and collagen synthesis, hopefully with pics even though I've only done 3 treatments.

Post  Guest Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 am

Yes Mis I think that is exactly it. My skin just looks 'young'. Glowing and dewy...I really don't know how else to describe it. I didn't do my hands with the ReAura as I'm booked in for the Total FX laser treatment on the 4th. I'll post before, during healing and afters of that.
    Looking forward to hearing your Dermapen review.

Pico toner Empty Pico Toner

Post  Guest Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I agree completely with you on reaura-people are noticing too-it is so exciting to have something that works!I will hold off on the Pico for awhile until I hear more results tho I love the idea of face AND body treatments.

Pico toner Empty Pico

Post  Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:00 pm

My Pico died!!! I press the on button and as soon as I let it go it goes off. And it's not the battery. I emailed Patricia and she said she will forward my email on to service and they'll send me a new one! Very happy to hear I'm getting a new one rather than have to send this one off for repairs and wait for who knows how long.
    Maybe we could get a home gadgets section here...pretty please Joni Smile

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I got an email a short while ago from Patricia saying my Pico's been shipped! Yay!
    I've decided I'm going to also do face treatments when I get it regardless of the fact that I'm getting the injections. So I'll review it after I've been at it 5 days a week for 4 weeks.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Go for it! I'm counting the days to read your review Michelle, now that the  new ESD thread on Pico has been deleted as well.Sad
    Myself living overhere it is probably better to get a device distributed in Europe like TuaTrend if the device is likely to break down.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes for $600 you'd expect more than that!
    So the new thread's been deleted also? Gees who woulda thought a device could cause such a ruckus.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey I'm sorry I forgot all about the follow-up. 
    My final thoughts are that I don't think the Pico has been worth the money. It sounds to me like both Mis and Jen have gotten better results from their microcurrent machines than I have, and they're both much cheaper than the Pico. Yes my skin looks and feels great, but I really haven't seen much in the way of lift. I may not have been completely consistent at times, but overall I'd expect to see alot more improvement by now. The old adage that what works for one may not for another will of course still apply, and maybe microcurrent isn't for me. Having said all of that I'm still going to continue to plod along with it.
    I hope this has been of help.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:10 am

Yes Michelle. If a product can evoke so much emotion in forums instead of factual reports, there is the possibility that it has been pushed. With Pico there has been a lot of hive but not so many unbiased reports. This may mean that the value of the product has been temporarily lost in the marketing and it may still be valuable to some. But I have been waiting for your report on the Pico Michelle! Thank you.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Yes Mish-thank-you for your opinion on this-there was certainly enough controversy on EDS about this to make anyone wary but I hope it is just a matter of time and more treatments to give you better results (Toby used it for about 2 years if I remember rightly). I just ordered My-M from ebay so I'll report back after some treatments-Mis seems to be enjoying hers-but I am a complete novice on dermarolling generally tho mesotherapy has not given me anything in terms of longterm results!

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 am

Maggie, you're going to do the My-M also?  Cool!  My second offer was just accepted so the pen should be on it's way shortly. and I have 2 tubes of Emla enroute. I want to be as numb as possible. Dermarolling was my least favorite thing to do, it was really hard to press that thing down and hurt myself over and over and over.

I had a pixel perfect fractional laser done a couple of years ago, which does what the My-M is said to do but without any burning of the tissue. I never had any issues with the laser, but it's a possibility that pigmentation problems can arise.  No thanks.

Mis is such a trailblazer!

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Yeah Jen-thats why I couldn't dermaroll too.I just hope I can use this and it won't just gather dust like my Dr Roller purchases.In fact it arrived yesterday but I won't even open the package without emla!

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm

I also have problems with rolling. I did do a few rolls but I hated it with a passion! The My-M is much easier to do as you aren't doing all the work yourself and don't feel like you're mutilating yourself.

Maggie you say you saw no results from mesotherapy...what kind of meso were you doing? Vitamins for skin health, HA as in the Vital Pen or cellulite ones? I tried the Vital on my hands but it didn't do much for me.

Yes hopefully the microcurrent treatments will start to show improvements over the much longer haul for me. There is no doubting that Toby had wonderful improvements, but like you said she had been at microcurrent for a long time all up.

Pico toner Empty Pico Toner

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:02 am

Mich-I used the filorga one where every 2 weeks for 10 weeks you inject loads of tiny shots with vitamins,peptides and ammino acids into your skin-I added a little tox and meso filler.For a day or two the skin looked great but as soon as either swelling went down or fluids absorbed it was exactly the same-I'm sure the result would have been the same if I injected saline instead-it just wasn't worth the effort or the dozens of 31g syringes I used.There were no instructions with the My-M-am I right in assuming after half an hour of emla,you wipe it off and begin or is there more preparation involved-I'll start with smallest needle length but not looking forward to it!

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 am

Yes that sure does sound like a waste of time, pain and syringes if it was just inflammation!

I leave the emla on for 45 minutes to an hour as that's the amount of time I always like to use for emla. I wipe it off and then use alcohol to clean it down before doing the treatment. I think you should be able to cope with a 1mm roll Maggie if you just wipe off and clean one bit at a time while leaving the rest still covered. It really doesn't seem to hurt as bad as rolling does.

Pico toner Empty Emla and MyM

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:58 am

Except for around the mouth and nose, very medially, it does not hurt at all. The sensation is more like a hard-ish brush hitting your skin. But do use Emla around the medial areas of nose and mouth otherwise you will experience (1) copious nasal discharge and (2) sneezing.

This procedure is no where near as uncomfortable as derma rolling.

You will see!

best, mis

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks ladies.I shall attempt this at the weekend and then wait two weeks and begin a 3rd round with the reaura...this beauty business is v. timeconsuming!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 pm