Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery Empty Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 am

To anyone interested in having surgery in Mexico: I just spoke w/ Dr Miguelangelo Gonzalez by phone (he is in Arizona skiing) He now does his surgeries in Blue Medical Net Hospital in Cabo. The last time I was there it was a surgery suite in a resort. I personally like the hospital /outpatient clinic better. He quoted me $5500 for a full facelift (no brow) lower bleph, neck , ears (I want them revised a little or pinned back) stem cell transplant in upper lip and also NF's. This is for hospital, anesthesia and md services. My hotel flight and stay for 2 weeks around $1000 (double occupancy so I have to get a friend, relative or husband to go with me too) They do follow-ups to your hotel until you can get to the office comfortably (2-3 days) So, how excited am I???
    I am going to go make myself a magarita and book my trip! Ole'

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery Empty Re: Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:28 am

Thanks, Julia. I did call the good doctor but was put off by having to leaave a message and be called back. This has definitely changed my mind as I was quoted $5000 locally just for an upper bleph!!!! & who doesn't love staying in Cabo?

Not this year, but I will surely need this soon - sometimes surgery is the only way. When are you getting your procedures? Will you be posting pics? I'll have what you're having - margarita AND niptuck!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

They want me to come the 22-30 of March, but I am not even going to go near Spring Break. Too crowded, too many rowdy young people (LOL) and I believe all the hotel and flight prices are higher. Probably looking at 2 weeks in May. I might even go the whole month.I need to talk to the hubby. He could meet me the 2nd half of the trip so he does not have to be concerned about the way I look.
    Mis, just email Dr G and he will get back with you. Or just email him that you are interested in a rejuvenation and send him a front pic and 2 side pics. he will get back with you. If you get an email that the English is poor, that is his nurse or secretary. His grammar and English are perfect. Wait until you get an email from him. Most likely when you called you got his controlling front office and he may have been out of town. He is in Arizona right now and he called me from his car. I have his cell phone if you would like it. But if you are not ready to do it now, don't bother until about a month or two before. The cheapest time to go is summer, but you have to make sure he is there because he travels and lectures during off seasons. I saw your pics, he will not charge you more than my quote, for sure. You look amazing. Frankly, I don't know what you need done!
    I will take before and afters and in betweens! Just in case any of you gals want to go south. (of Texas that is...)

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery Empty Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 pm

HD what does a stem cell transplant entail-or is it just fat?Sounds so cheap-its not just a skin cutting facelift is it but all the muscles and tissue pulled up too.Wow and the margueritas too!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Yee ha! That sounds awesome Julia! How exciting for you Very Happy

And I agree with Julia Mis...I can't see what you'd need nipping or tucking, you look fabulous. We are our own worst critics that's for sure.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 am

The last surgery that I had just pulled the skin at the jaw line (just around the ear only) Those do not last very long, but I was 44 so I did not really need that, but had it done w/ my breasts and lower bleph. This go I am supposed to get the full mid lower and neck lift (no brow)and that is what I stipulated. I do not really know what the stem cell fat transfer is other than it should "take" and then your stem cells produce collagen etc. It is fairly new so I will study up on that. He suggested it and he now does it w/ a facelift. He tends to price a package deal and not everything separate. But, you are right it does sound cheap so I will double check.I want muscle substructure repair done this time so it will last! I know that a minilift and upper and lower blephs for me last time were $3500. The breast lift and augmentation was $5000 (all-inclusive) I will let you know if the price changes on th FL.
    How is the best way to post pictures on this site? I am not very computer savvy, but I can repair a motorcycle! I want to do before and afters .

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 am

Julia, we can't post pics here; you can post them on a hosting site (flickr, tinypic, etc) and post the link. Like you I am not very computer savvy and asked dh to do it thinking it would only take 10 minutes, however as he had to create an identity, etc and load quite a few pics it took a while. I must learn!!!!
    Also, and this goes for everyone, it would just be nice to see your face. Some of you I remember from earlier pic postings. Must be a primal thing . . .
    I think the stem cell thing is what is called selfil - the doc takes some blood, centerfuges to concentrate the growth factors and stem cells and reinjects it. Takes about 6 weeks to see effects. I am very interested to see the B/A of someone I know and trust; they always show the most optimistic outcome possible on the doctor's websites.
    My mind is reeling - inexpensive surgery. One hears horror stories about Mexico, but a personal reference is a different ballgame. Haven't even considered the other body areas . . .

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

Wow! The price is unbelievable. Really looking forward to hearing about your recovery experience. Sounds like your previous experience with this doctor was very positive. I'm so excited for you!

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm

This is such an interesting thread. Wish I could afford to do something. At this point (45), a breast lift would be nice, maybe even a slight reduction...I had a lift/reduction when I was 32 (only plastic surgery I've ever had) and the results have long been eroded by time. Also, I'm realizing I'm getting a neck 'woddle!' Gasp! Hate it! Won't stand for it. May have to make my way to Cabo one of these years...

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:29 am

I just got an email from Dr G and I am going to call him on the 26th and iron out details. Seems I got some emails from him and some conflicting emails from his nurse. So I will find out EXACTLY WHAT HIS PRICE INCLUDES.. I do not think the earplasty is in the price, but I am sure it is for a full mid/ lower FL w/ neck and stem cell injections.Question about the lower bleph. Going to make sure, though. His fee varies depending on how much he has to do per individual. He may charge someone else more for the exact same procedure. (especially if you are 60 and never had any work done) Trip costs are going to vary depending on where you are coming from.
    I am trying to keep the whole trip and surgery around $7500 give or take. (plus the cost of Hubby if he goes) I will let you know exactly what I spend including the Queso and Margaritas!
    Oh and Mis, Mexico is all that you have heard about (violence) , but Cabo has not had ONE incident and is still very safe and where all the rich and famous still go. I would move there in a heart beat! (maybe I will look for a little bitty hacienda while there) Unfortunately, my DH hates the beach, so fat chance talking him into a condo!
    By the way, I have seen the work of this Dr on several people and his pics on his website are old and not his best work. Most of his pics are taken a few days after surgery because they are leaving town in a week or so. The best results are seen much later Also most people do not want their pics on a website and will not give consent.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 am

This thread is really piquing my interest....can't wait to see before and afters.The only surgery I've had to date is a lower bleph about ten years ago,which was a real sucess,though inevitably you can get hollowing in the tear trough with age,which is why it's so great to be able to fill those a little.
    The down side of filling this region post a bleph is that I have to be exceedingly careful of the amount used and even then along with water retention created,(I only inject Esthelis fine ) it can look for days as though the filler has migrated down below my intended target....not a good look at all,in fact awful.Last time,although I used very little product and injected deeply,I really wasn't happy and two weeks on, had to try to extrude it from the site it seemed to have deposited in,kinda on the orbital rim.
    I wondered if this happens simply because there isn't a fat pad for it to adhere to,subsequently,this descending of product is the result,bearing in mind that the skin is at it's finest here and I am very fair skinned,rendering it possibly even finer. Have any of you experienced this?
    In the latest x-medica cme which Michelle kindly posted,although not alluding to the eyezone,one of the doctors commented that a thicker viscosity of filler corrects the migrating product and whilst this makes sense for the majority of regions,I would be reluctant to use a denser filler in the TT's I think.......Any thoughts?...

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am

mismis wrote:
    Also, and this goes for everyone, it would just be nice to see your face. Some of you I remember from earlier pic postings. Must be a primal thing . . . . . .

I've heard you Mis and hope the rest of you also post a pic,it does seem so much nicer to talk to a face.
    Joni Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 am

Haven't been around in a day or so and how wonderful to see the avatars - as Carmen keeps saying, we certainly are an exceptionally beautiful group! LJ & Joni, you are both so beautiful and there is a real spark which comes through in your photos.

Hope to see more of you (all) soon!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Julia, a big thank you for starting this thread, and also to everyone contributing.

I'm looking in to an upper bleph and chin augmentation, also breast aug. and lift,breast feeding three has certainly taken its toll here!
    This is just the info I have been looking for, Julia, you've seen the aforementioned doc's results and have such valuable info, thank you for sharing.
    Also, I'd love to you know your experience, Julia, with your mini-lift at 44, was there muscular tightening? Oh I'd love to know anything you can offer on this...I'm getting excited.

This is from sd regarding picture posting, thanks to Joni for this:

There are a couple of ways to upload your pictures onto this forum -

The first is to join a picture hosting site then copy/paste the url(s) into a message body.

The other way is to do the following:

*Start a new message.
    *Select the "HOST AN IMAGE" button (above the box that you type into there's a line of smaller boxes - 10th box in from right hand side)
    *An "UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE" pop-up box by www.servimg.com should appear underneath & to the right of the message entry box.
    *Select your picture from your computer's hard drive by pressing the "choose file" button
    (A jegpeg number should appear beside it once you've made your selection.)
    *Choose the size of the image you'd like to post from the "RESIZE IMAGE" drop down menu (we suggest using "FOR WEB" unless you need lots of detail).
    *Select the "HOST IT" button... & wait.... & wait!! ....It can take several minutes until the next window appears.
    *Press the "Copy" button to the right of the "Image:" (middle one of the three) to highlight it & then drag the whole thing carefully into the text message box.
    *DO NOT FORGET THIS NEXT STEP OR YOU"LL HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN*
    *Press "Upload" at the bottom of the Servimg box
    *Check that you are happy with your photo by selecting the "Preview" button directly below this box & if you are select "send"

Okay Jennifer and Joni, lovely ladies! I will post an avatar after Saturdays hair appointment...a color change is in my future!!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 pm

When I first traveled to Cabo, the intent was for the breast lift and augmentation. I had just gotten a divorce and the HELL I went thru w/ the 1st hub-a-dub-dub took it's toll. Actually, my mother passed away and a divorce within 6 months. I aged overnight! So, I decided to get a little refresh because everyone told me I was looking tired or asking if I was feeling well, etc. The mini-lift was just a little skin tightening at the jawline only. I did not need any muscle work. I was so thin at the time (wish that were the case now!) that he added some fat to my face. I had the upper and lower bleph to hold off time. I like to get the most bang for the buck so I did this package rejuvenation. I spent around $12,000 all inclusive surgery w/ trip for 2 weeks AND paid my best gal friend's trip to go with me. My theory is: Fix it before you really look like you need to and no one will ever know you have had drastic work done. I do not "need" a facelift in most peoples opinions, but I am starting to see sagging at the jowels and some wrinkles that I would just soon not fill.
    Now I am going to try to figure out how to do this picture upload thing!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 am

Julia,was the breast uplift and augmentation very painful? I'd love an uplift to firm rather than augment,it's always frightened me, the thought of such invasive surgery to the breast,the removal and replacement of nipples for example and the recent condemnation of so many faulty implants,especially to an area so prone to cancer in women.(Not intending to care monger) just stating the known facts and perhaps more of a concern to me having had two of my aunts albeit on my father's side, have mastectomy's due to the afore mentioned......And isn't it imperative to change them again after a few years,....all so costly?
    I've always had full breasts, (though am otherwise quite slim) which I've found a bit burdensome to be honest and now with age gravity is taking it's toll and I really don't like it at all.

Have many of you had a breast procedure?

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am

I wanted just a lift (I was a C cup) But the Dr told me that he would have to augment them to get the right symmetry.. By the time you remove all that skin (plus he removed some benign fibroids) I would have been maybe a B cup. I am 5'10" tall so I told him to use his discretion. Well, never tell a Mexican man to use his judgement. I now am a D cup, but they look great on me and my husband luuuvs them! I personally would rather them a bit smaller. I know this is hard to believe, but I was in surgery over 6 hrs and when I was done I had very little pain. Of course I was given pain meds (Ketorolac/tramadol) drops. They worked wonders because they are more for inflammation (which is really what causes the pain) By day 3 I was out by the pool in a swimsuit drinking a cocktail and eating nachos w/ my girlfriend. Of course I was under an umbrella. I had minimal bruising. Now, the scars on a lift are dramatic but he weaves (threads) the sutures on the vertical and horizontal incisions and the nipples are teeny all the way around. You cannot see the scars at all after about a year. Keep in mind, I scar very little so if you are the type to scar, like keloids don't do it.You can also use Mederma or scargaurd ,which I did, and it helps. The KEY to pain management is to take the anti-inflammatories to reduce swelling and you will be fine. Also, Dr had me take vitamin K and Arnica a few days before surgery (for bruising).

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 am

I had an augmentation in 1989 going form a C cup to a D. I could've done with a lift at the time also, even though I was young, but as an exotic dancer it would've meant more scars than I wanted. I had my second augmentation in 2009 with a benelli lift, going from a D to an E cup. I LOVE the size, but am unhappy with the lift. They're just too heavy to hold with a benelli and even though they're still reasonable perky the scar has stretched around the top of the aereola. I'm not sure if I'll get the full lift or not at this point.
    When I had my first augmentation my doc told me I'd need them replaced in around 10 years. I waited 20 and they were still in good shape after all that time. The last doc told me that I should never need to replace them. Either way I would leave the implants in for another 20 years at least unless I have any problems with them.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:04 am

An E cup? WOW! You must be stalked at the beach, Michelle!

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 am

Haha they enter the room before I do Laughing

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 am

Good info...seems like so many variables involved in how long an augmentation lasts.
    Julia that is great, 3 days later at the pool, in your new bikini!
    How many have over or under the muscle?
    Michelle are benelli and lollipop lift similar?
    I'm slim, at a consult unders were suggested. I'm interested in nice projection, not wanting big, (edited to add that 'big' is relative, of course) really perky and nice shape, does that make sense? Just wondering if unders might 'camaflage' size and projection? I'm wanting nice full c, am a super saggy b currently!
    What do you gals think?

Last edited by Oli76 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 am

Well, I had this done about five years back, going from a 32A to a 34C. I had unders as he explained that having the muscles over top act as a sort of internal bra, but I am super protective of them and wear a bra almost all the time anyway. But for THOSE kinds of dresses, gotta say I look wowza without. Like others, the scars around the areola disappeared after about a year. If you have a slim build, having unders will disguise the outline of the implant, and you can get a shape which projects more (I did). Another thing the doc did was even out some assymetry by installing slightly different sizes on each side.

The funny thing was, nobody seemed to notice the increase in size. I think it is somewhat like a good facelift, when what is done suits your body it just registers as looking good, not fake.

My understanding is that there is a certain statistical likelihood of needing more surgery within ten years (I think some gals just decide to go bigger!) but many women find their implants last 20 years or more. They really don't complicate mammograms anymore.

In retrospect, I wish I had gone a bit smaller, but I certainly have had no complaints. I guess since I was always modestly endowed it just feels odd, even now. If you are used to cleavage, it will just feel like coming home.

Funny story: Just before I had this procedure, I was visited at home for one of those insurance interviews for exptra private health insurance, and we got on to this subject. The woman agent told me she had recently visited an 80 year old woman who had her original implants and who was so proud she insisted that the agent take a look. She said they looked GREAT! and had been there more than 20 years

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 am

I suppose the muscles would act like a bra, come to think of it.
    Mis good to know about unders and projection, just what I was wanting to know.
    I think sizing its so individual...I was a very full c when pregnant, and it was nice tho a bit cumbersome to me....oh I was all,around cumbersome!
    Maybe time to call the doc for an updated quote, three years now since I started saving, think I have enough!

$10500 cdn, silicone under and lift. Think ill keep the bra padding in till I can get to cabo Very Happy

Last edited by Oli76 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 am

hdspringer wrote:I wanted just a lift (I was a C cup) But the Dr told me that he would have to augment them to get the right symmetry.. By the time you remove all that skin (plus he removed some benign fibroids) I would have been maybe a B cup. I am 5'10" tall so I told him to use his discretion. Well, never tell a Mexican man to use his judgement. I now am a D cup, but they look great on me and my husband luuuvs them! I personally would rather them a bit smaller. I know this is hard to believe, but I was in surgery over 6 hrs and when I was done I had very little pain. Of course I was given pain meds (Ketorolac/tramadol) drops. They worked wonders because they are more for inflammation (which is really what causes the pain) By day 3 I was out by the pool in a swimsuit drinking a cocktail and eating nachos w/ my girlfriend. Of course I was under an umbrella. I had minimal bruising. Now, the scars on a lift are dramatic but he weaves (threads) the sutures on the vertical and horizontal incisions and the nipples are teeny all the way around. You cannot see the scars at all after about a year. Keep in mind, I scar very little so if you are the type to scar, like keloids don't do it.You can also use Mederma or scargaurd ,which I did, and it helps. The KEY to pain management is to take the anti-inflammatories to reduce swelling and you will be fine. Also, Dr had me take vitamin K and Arnica a few days before surgery (for bruising).

Oh my gosh...your remark about a Mexican man using his judgement is hilarious!! Oh Lordy!

I've never had a lift or augmentation. I'm also 5' 10" and years ago would've loved to be a full C. I was so slender growing up and didn't actually have a chest until I was about 30......late bloomer I guess. I'm now a 34 B, which I'm fine with, now I just want to keep them perky. I'm hoping the bio-dientical hormones I'm using will, on some level, help keep them firm.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Oli the benelli lift is done just around the areola, no other incisions. I had under the muscle done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 am