Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks Michelle. I researched lollipop and I see it resembles a...lollipop..ill research before asking next time Laughing was getting rather excited with this topic, clearly!
    Oli

Post  Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:15 pm

mismis wrote:Thanks, Julia. I did call the good doctor but was put off by having to leaave a message and be called back. This has definitely changed my mind as I was quoted $5000 locally just for an upper bleph!!!! & who doesn't love staying in Cabo?

Not this year, but I will surely need this soon - sometimes surgery is the only way. When are you getting your procedures? Will you be posting pics? I'll have what you're having - margarita AND niptuck!

Megan, i know who you will be sharing the room with( Nope, not your husband). I am totally going. And BTW I am still alive but going thru some major issues that's why I'be been silent. And...I love Cabos!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 am

Thanks Oli for posting your photo'.I remember now the pic from SD,what progress your own fair hand has created and that prominent upside down triangle....so young.....you look absolutely great,all filled out and so very natural.
    It's lovely seeing everyone posting photo's again,it makes it so much more personal to interact with real people.I don't think there's any concern to worry,when you think of Facebook,Myspace & Twitter.It's all out there now and no-one cares.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 am

Oli!! So nice to see your picture! Did I read on the SD board that you dermaroll? Your skin is just beautiful. You look so young and radiant. We really are a nice looking bunch here, aren't we?!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Yes, isn't it nice to 'see' who we're talking to?
    Thank you, Joni and Jen! Your opinions are most appreciated Very Happy
    So, yay! for youthful and natural!
    I dermaroll and just started doing deeper ones, rosesweet on sd let me know of Dr. Pickart's copper formulas to use afterward.
    I also think we are a nice looking bunch here! So pleased to have a place here to share.
    C'mon gals, let's show our lovely faces!!
    xo
    Oli

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 am

UPDATE: Ok, priced the trip, but having difficulty scheduling because of my work-aholic husband! Planning the trip for May but might have to wait until later.
    FFL w/ neck and stem cell $5500 + $2000 for blephoraplasty= $7500 total (includes anesthesia, OR, Dr fee and 1day/night aftercare
    10 day minimum stay suggested. Drugs are cheap at any local pharmacy
    12 nights in cheap hotel (very close to hospital) w/ airfare from Houston $750
    12 nights Hotel on beach (10 mins from hospital) ($975 includes airfare) DBL occupancy
    $500-$800 for food etc for 2 people (I won't be eating much)
    Limo service provided to and from clinic/hospital to hotel.
    deposit of 1/2 the surgery required and labwork (CBC) and EKG results to be faxed to Dr prior to surgery

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:18 am

Hi Julia, thank you for the update.
    The price breakdown is great.
    I hope you are able to go when you want to.

I emailed Dr. G's office regarding breast augmentation and lift pricing, haven't heard back.
    Haven't been on it as I'm looking toward next summer, perhaps my very general inquiry wasn't priority. I'll ask again, also I'm interested in the liposuction that uses laser for tightening skin..Julia would you know if Dr. G. offers this?

Has anyone here had any experiences with this form of lipo?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 am

Dr G generally will not give pricing that far in advance and without you sending in photos of yourself. Do not know about the lipo question, but I will ask him when I speak to him. His prices have definitely gone up since 8 yrs ago (mostly because he uses a hospital now w/ seperate charges) But, I feel that the procedures are worth the extra $$ because of safety and up to date equipment.
    My breast lift and augment was $5000 in 2004. I am sure that price has increased. Inflation! lol!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 am

If you would ask about the lipo, Julia I'd be grateful. Very Happy

Good to know also about the hospital use now with additional charges. From his site it looks as though surgery and recovery are at the same location.
    Inflation for a procedure to inflate Laughing
    Just quoted $11000 for cohesive gels, unders with lift, here in Alberta, so curious what Cabos will be. Have yet to ask about laser lipo here..I believe only two docs do it here. Worth the research, thanks a bunch sunny

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 am

Yes, he used to have his own surgery suite (which I used last trip) I would imagine that w/ the growth of tourism and expats in Cabo and the rapidly advancing field of aesthetic surgery, it is much less liability for him. As well as cost of updating equipment. I feel more comfortable in a new hospital w/ advanced equipment. Also there are other Dr's available as well. Neurosurgeons, cardiologists, etc. So, if (heaven forbid) something did happen in surgery there are other docs available to assist. The older we get, you just never know. My mother went into near cardiac arrest during a FFL and they had to sew her up and call off the rest of the procedure. She was furious when she woke up! I said, "mother, you nearly died" Her reply was" I don't give a shit! What about my face?" Like mother, like daughter...
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

Julia,you're incorrigible Laughing

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 am

Laughing oh my!! cheers

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery - Page 2 Empty Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Julia-did you get any more info on the stem cell part of your surgery?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:37 am

I asked Dr G on our phone conversation about the stem cell (blood/fat) injections. He said it is awsome and rejuvenates the wrinkles and fine lines. He said it works wonders on lines around the mouth region since a facelift does not generally help that. I need to do some research on the subject. The stem cell rejuv is part of the FFL w/ no additional cost. He used to do just fat ransfer at the time of the FFL, but now he does this procedure instead. Maybe it lasts longer than the fat transfer?

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am

hdspringer wrote:UPDATE: Ok, priced the trip, but having difficulty scheduling because of my work-aholic husband! Planning the trip for May but might have to wait until later.
    FFL w/ neck and stem cell $5500 + $2000 for blephoraplasty= $7500 total (includes anesthesia, OR, Dr fee and 1day/night aftercare
    10 day minimum stay suggested. Drugs are cheap at any local pharmacy
    12 nights in cheap hotel (very close to hospital) w/ airfare from Houston $750
    12 nights Hotel on beach (10 mins from hospital) ($975 includes airfare) DBL occupancy
    $500-$800 for food etc for 2 people (I won't be eating much)
    Limo service provided to and from clinic/hospital to hotel.
    deposit of 1/2 the surgery required and labwork (CBC) and EKG results to be faxed to Dr prior to surgery
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay for the all inclusive vacation? You have everything paid for?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am

Carmen,
    As far as the all inclusive, it really depends. If you eat alot and drink mucho alcohol, then yes it would be cheaper. All inclusive can run $70 -150 per day (2 persons). My husband does not drink and I won't be due to the surgery for at least 5 days. I did not eat very much the first trip because the tramadol (ultram) killed my appetite. An all inclusive package at the beach hotel would be an extra $1200 and at the motel near the clinic about $800. Both hotels have kitchenenettes, too. Also, I get really tired of buffet food and like to visit different places to eat. If you stay in a HUGE resort, then they have many on premises eateries. I prefer smaller places to stay without the big crowds and the feel of traditional Mexico.

Cabo San Lucas Mexico Surgery - Page 2 Empty Cabo San Lucas mexico Surgery

Post  Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Any news of HD's surgery?

Post  Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:08 am

So sorry I have not been participating. Lots of medical issues in the immediate family. In fact I am posting from the hospital with my husband. My surgery has been postponed until everyone else gets well. I am healthy but seems my husband and all the Inlaws (and outlaws) have needed either surgery or hospitalization   Anyway planning to try to get this face done hopefully before 2014!!!  Dr has been understanding about the cancellations. I will get back in the swing of AG and start updating as soon as my husband is fixed up. Don't give up on me yet

Post  Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 am

Julia all the best to you and your family:flower: 
    I think I can speak for us all,
    Your energies are needed elsewhere.
    Take care!
    Oli

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 am