Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Microcurrent Studies

Microcurrent Studies Empty Microcurrent Studies

Post  Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 am

Was fishing for the appropriate place to post this, dunno . . .   but I think those who will be interested will be checking this thread.

From EDS today:

Emil Y. Chi, PhD, director of the University of Washington’s department of pathology, performed clinical studies using micro-current equipment. He notes, “The fact that this technology works in harmony with the body is evident. Examination of skin tissue treated with micro-current showed a 45% increase in the number of elastin fibres in the dermis, and the length of the fibres on average doubled. The collagen thickness in connective tissue increased 10%, and the number of blood vessels increased by 35%. The application of micro-current to skin and tissue produced a firmer and tighter feeling on the skin surface.” Many of the studies detailing the massive increase in speed regarding wound healing refer to the ATP as one of the attributing factors. The other attributing factor is an increase in blood circulation. Blood circulation has everything to do with the function, condition, colour and overall health of the skin, as well as underlying tissue. Chi’s 2003 study performed at the University of Washington further notes a 35% increase in blood circulation in tissue treated with micro-current. In terms of product penetration, micro-current offers specific iontophoresis that allows superior penetration of products into the skin. The idea that electrical current emits from one probe and returns to the other allows specific focus of product penetration, versus traditional methods that send incredibly high electrical currents unnecessarily through out the body to achieve a simple task. Profound results can be achieved by products through iontophoresis.
    Lymphatic drainage is a very over looked treatment in esthetics, although it has been gaining momentum in recent years. Clinical studies performed using micro-current at Hong Kong’s Tuen Muen Hospital in 1988 indicated that lymphatic drainage was increased by 28% on post-cancer patients suffering from lymphodema.
    Chi’s 1999 study also proved that the redness, irritation and inflammation of surgically traumatised tissue could be decreased significantly when treated with micro-current. Related to this, the build up of hardened collagen that makes up scar tissue was noted to be three to five times less in tissue treated without micro-current. Further studies also indicated an amazing dispersion of existing scar tissue when treated with micro-current. This indicated that in the realm of plastic surgery, you can see the obvious place for micro-current technology. By administering a series of treatments before surgery, muscle and tissue condition is maximised, inclusive of an excessive storage of ATP.

Interesting.

mis

Microcurrent Studies Empty Re: Microcurrent Studies

Post  Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:12 am

& here is the article where the study is referenced:

http://niasol.ca/images/profbeauty_01.pdf

I guess David Suzuki has to make money somehow, but I am a little disappointed in seeing his name attached to something that, however much information it may give about microcurrent, is basically an advertisement for a Canadian company which produces professional microcurrent machines.

& by way of acknowledgement, thank you Cookie!!!

Post  Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 am

I love microcurrent and have several micro home gadgets.  My favorite is the Serious Skin Care one....I love that I can easily adjust the intensity (where you don't feel a thing all the way to muscle contractions) and do both sides of my face & neck, so it really cuts down the time spent.  I actually stopped doing facial excercises (which I've done since my 30s) since the microcurrent is so effective.  I always make sure I've had a couple of glasses of water before I start per the recommendation of a med spa owner who does professional treatments.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content