Avant-Garde

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Avant-Garde

Avant-Garde

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Avant-Garde

BEAUTY

Microcurrent and LED

Microcurrent and LED Empty Microcurrent and LED

Post  Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:12 am

Ladies I hope you don't mind but I split this from Jen's 'learning lessons the hard way' thread.

Jen I have been holding off on using my favourite little Tua device as per you first entry on this thread.  But now that you have found the cause of the swelling to something else, do you think perhaps it would be safe to use microcurrent 3 days after filling?  I just would hate to lose the gains I have made, plus it is quite a pleasant feeling.   On the other hand I would hate to  lose the tiny bit of volume I added to my cheeks . . . .What do you think, O Queen of Caution?

Microcurrent and LED Empty Re: Microcurrent and LED

Post  Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

Mis, I've read on a couple of websites about waiting 2 weeks after botox and/or filler injections before using microcurrent.  I had been waiting 2 weeks before using my microcurrent, except the last time. From now on I will wait the two weeks so that I don't disturb/misplace the filler or make it absorb faster.  I copied/pasted what one site states:

Microcurrent and injectables.
    Utilizing both technologies maximize the end result. Fillers give a quick and effective “filling “ effect, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However they do nothing for muscle contour, natural collagen or elastin production, all of which are addressed with microcurrent. Many doctors find it necessary to sculpt and contour the muscles of the face to maximize and complete the effect of fillers. Recommended microcurrent treatment after Botox and fillers is 2 weeks after. A lot of clients and doctors see prolonged effects of Botox when using in conjunction with microcurrent. Because of healing properties that microcurrent possess, it also is recognized as the tool of choice by surgeons for pre and post-op applications.

Post  Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks, Jen! Though I do not know if I agree that fillers do nothing to address collagen and elastin generation. Does anyone else remember the microscope pictures posted on Skindeep 2+ years ago of tissue before HA injection and the tissue after, showing definite fibroblast stimulation? But perhaps it would be wise not to disturb things where I have placed filler - I do get quite a muscle pull. I guess I've got the rest of my life to lift up my cheeks LOL!

I think I am addicted to microcurrent! And filler!

Will you be using any microcurrent at some point to enhance your healing, Jen? It does bring a lot of circulation to the area.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:51 am

Funny you ask, Mis!  I'm actually going to start my DPL Light Panel this evening. The red & infra red lights will facilitate healing as well as stimulate collagen and elastin formation. 

I so want to use my microcurrent, but I'm going to hold off until after I finish the antibiotics.  If there is any infection under the skin, I don't want to "move" it around.  I don't think there is any infection left, but I'm erring on the side of caution.  I can't wait to get back to my microcurrent as I know it will help plump the cheek, which I need since some of that filler was shifted.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:59 am

I think you may have more gizmos than Gizmo Girl!

Post  Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 am

These devices seem to do a lot of good to her facial skin mis judging from the pictures Jenni posted, don't they? Flawless skin and beautiful facial features. (I like the tiny freckles)
    Except of course the awful part in the picture, the puss-filled swelling which I am so very glad got drained by this competent doctor and will hopefully heal well!

Post  Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 am

Absolutely, the results are a testament to the efficacy - and I also think Jen has good raw material to work with.
    Does the light treatment feel comforting, Jen? Do you also use it regularly ( you see we are all wondering about achieving that lovely skin!)

mis

Post  Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:33 am

Awww...thank you Ladies so much for the compliments! I love you  The skin on the left cheek looks really rough and slightly pruney, but I feel confident that it will restore.  AND I can't WAIT to get some filler in that cheek.....it's driving me CRAZY. Twisted Evil 

Mis, the DPL Light Panel is amazing! I did a 19 minute session last night and will continue to do that everynight for a month.  It's so relaxing and warming. After I've removed my makeup and cleansed the skin, I apply some organic green tea extract and let that absorb for 15 minutes or so, then I lay on the bed and place the panels directly on my face.  

Generally I just use the panels on a maintenance schedule....3 times a week, but since I have some serious repair work to do, it's like I'm starting over.   I bought the DPL panels from Louisa at Hollywood Beauty Secrets (online) and I paid $289 over a year ago.  I saw her post on Facebook in the past day or so that she has a huge sale and the unit is $219 (free shipping).

wwwdothollywoodbeautysecrets.com

This is why I use the green tea extract prior to the DPL light panels.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090909103013.htm

I actually purchased the Light Stim hand-held device, but it took forever to do my entire face, so I bought the DPL panels and have been thrilled with the ease and how fast it works.  You can actually treat your face in 9 minutes, but I go for the full 19 minutes.  What I noticed within the first week or two of using the panels was the eveness and smoothness of my skin. Within a month, my freckles were 90% gone. They made a reappearance while we were in Arizona, so they'll soon be on their way out again.

I do use Retin A or retinol almost every night (for the past 25 years or so) and the past couple of years I incorporate a compounded estriol cream on my face, throat, and neck.  My other gizmo Very Happy  is microcurrent and my hands down favorite is the one by Serious Skin Care.  I love how I can control the intensity and alternate the various programs.  I've actually stopped doing facial exercises since my results with the microcurrent unit are as good, if not better.

Last edited by JenniferLJ on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct mispellings : ()

Microcurrent and LED Empty microcurrent and LEDI

Post  Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I would like to use microcurrent-I have some sort of machine-called Evita body wellness system I bought years ago and have never used and have lost the instructions anyway-it combines microcurrent,red LED and sonic something.No idea who manufactured it or where I got it or when.Anyone heard of this machine? Googling it just brings a few-probably false-recommendations but buying another seems wastefully extravagent!

Microcurrent and LED Empty microcurrent and LED

Post  Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Mis I am thinking of purchasing the Tua trend for face and body (about 220 euros) and was wondering which power level do you use (they seem to go from 1 to 60) and also which level did you start with? Also it seems counterintuitive to exercise face muscles with microcurrnet and also use botox-any comments?

Microcurrent and LED Empty Tua

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 am

Maggie, I probably have an older version of the Tua, it is just for the face and neck. If you go to EDS there is a thread on this, and on it Tina Richards, one of the main educators posted re power levels. What she said was less is more; you should be using a level that gives you a definite movement but not a strong or clenching type movement. I will see if I can find that. Many people were using insanely high levels. I have noticed that as my muscles have grown stronger that I can use less current to get a response. Just love the feeling afterwards, just like I have "worked out". So for me around 19 is sufficient. Tua for body? Wish I had known about that before investing in a Flexbelt system. Ah well, we can compare.

As for the botox, well I am conflicted. I am also using Safetox, but not very consistently. People who do facial exercises do seem to have fewer or no lines - check out Tom Haggerty's website. He is in his 70s. Or Eva Fraser. It could just be genetics, but it does make sense that the forehead muscles can be trained and will "fill out" the skin when well developed. Very timely question as I am just wavering about mixing up a little tox this morning. My forehead does have more movement, but so far I have NOT developed creases - and I DON'T WANT TO!!! However, the forehead Tua exercises also open up the eye, so I will continue to do them.

As you know, I think the Tua is one of the truly effective devices, right up there with ReAura. I would recommend getting the extra wand as it does take a lot of time and you could cut that down by 1/2. It's killing me to wait until my filler settles, I really miss that facial workout. I was just on the point of seeing the hollows under my eyes begin to fill in, who knew this was possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AoSTBTjSS8

This is just one of Tina Richards videos, there are many more online.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:35 am

Hi Maggie,

Yes, it does sound counterintuitive to use microcurrent when one has botox, but I've read that microcurrent can actually extend the results of botox and I do find that to be true.  From several articles that I've read, one waits two weeks after botox and/or filler injections before starting microcurrent.  I think regular use of microcurrent can actually allow one to decrease the amount of botox used or reduce/eliminate areas where it has been used.

http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/botox-cake-electric-facials-icing-1035738

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you both! I will definately buy that 2nd wand! And v.glad to know I can continue with botox Jen.

Post  Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 am

Yes, thank you, Jen. I mixed up the tox and injected already. I'm too OLD to get wrinkles again lol.

mis

Post  Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 am

maggie67 wrote:Thank you both! I will definately buy that 2nd wand! And v.glad to know I can continue with botox Jen.
    Maggie have you gotten your second wand?
    I'd love to know your thoughts on tua trend.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Oli-I haven't ordered yet-financial constraints-but will in Oct. and will let you know!

Microcurrent and LED Empty Thanks

Post  Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Sure, Maggie.
    After some recent purchases I'll be waiting til about then to order.
    I'm great at justifying what I 'need' Laughing

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Maggie did you end up ordering the Tua Trend? And you Oli?
    This is the next gadget I'm thinking about and would love to hear how you're finding it before I go any further. I won't be able to make a purchase though until probably February.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Not yet Mich-laid low by recent purchases and paying for tooth implant.Have hinted to DH as possible Xmas present!

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Michelle, I bought the Serious Skincare egg micro current..it feels great.. can't yet comment on efficacy, tho.  Did a test run only and recently filled filled prior to holiday now.  Will report in the New Year.  
    Trying to get it into the suitcase now....we're right at luggage weight limit!
    Oli

Post  Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks guys, I'll be looking forward to hearing how your devices work for you further down the track.

Maggie I need one tooth implant too. I wanted to get it done in Thailand when I went a few weeks ago but instead I got my 8 amalgam fillings replaced with composite. I didn't have enough money to get both. Next year! I hope I won't need a bone graft by then.

Oli I hope you have a great holiday Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content